Is the exterior of your home a nightmare? What makes it look haunted, and how can you fix it?
- Wobbly railings: Check all bolts and screws; tighten if necessary.
- Poorly lit areas: Cooler weather can affect your outdoor light bulbs. Keep a close eye to ensure they are still working properly, and replace bulbs as needed. Consider adding more lighting, especially in dimly lit areas. If you can’t see well, consider having additional lighting installed.
- Broken windows: Check all windows to see if they work properly. Fix any broken glass.
- Broken doorbell: A doorbell that doesn’t ring has four possible problems: the button, the chime, the transformer, or the wiring that connects them all. Most problems can be fixed easily by following on-line directions.
You can further improve your home’s outside appearance by:
- Power washing the driveway and front porch; remove all dirt and grime that have built up over the years.
- Adding big colorful flowers on your front porch or in the yard.
- Mulching all landscaping beds.
- Washing and storing window and door screens.
- Investing in a new welcome mat or wreath for your front door.