Lead-Based Paint Inspection
Lead-based paint was widely used in houses, daycare facilities, flats, commercial buildings, and even government institutions before it was forbidden by the federal government. Lead-based paint was popular because of how rapidly it dried and how long it lasted.
However, we now know that lead is extremely poisonous and may cause major health problems such as damage to the kidneys, brain, nerves, and blood if it is absorbed by the body. In fact, prolonged exposure to high levels of lead can have disastrous consequences. Learn more about the risks of lead paint, as well as who is at risk.
While lead-based paint that is in good condition is typically not a threat, decaying lead paint provides an immediate and significant risk. A lead paint test from a Donofrio & Associates inspector might assist safeguard future tenants and protect you from liability if you’re a real estate professional dealing with a young family or planning to sell your home.